Here is a quick reminder of some special dates coming up:
- Friday September 3 – Class lists will be posted, as usual, on the window by the front entrance after 3:00 pm.
- Tuesday September 7 – 1st day of school. School will begin at 9:00 am for students entering Grades 1 to 7. For parents with children entering Kindergarten, please refer to the letter you received from the school. Students will go directly to their new classrooms for the 2010-2011 school year. So, please drop by the school before Tuesday morning to look at the class lists. Otherwise, it’ll be very crowded by the front door Tuesday morning and we want all students to be in their new classrooms before school ends!
- School will end at 9:45 am.
- Wednesday September 8 – School will begin at 9:00 am for students in Grades 1-7 and will end at 3:01 pm. Again, parents of children in Kindergarten will have to refer to their letter.
- Friday, September 10 – Deadline for bus registration forms.
- Wednesday, September 15 – Bus Program will begin.
- Thursday, September 23 – Mark your calendar for Meet the Staff night.
- Friday, September 24 – Non instructional day – NO SCHOOL
- Check your child’s backpack for important notices from the school after their first day at school including a registration form for the Lunch Program.
As most of you know all too well, car traffic going into UHill Elementary can get ugly. Car traffic is even worse before the Bus Program begins. So, please walk or bike your child to school if you can. But, if you do need to drive, please remember the following:
- There is absolutely no parking in the circle in front of the school. You cannot get out of your car and you must keep moving on after your child is out of the car.
- There is no parking on Chancellor Blvd. UEL’s parking enforcement will be on alert. You will risk getting a ticket or towed.
- If you need to park your car on Tuesday and Wednesday morning while you wait for your child to get out of school, you may park in the marked parking stalls outside the school or you may park on the west side of Acadia Rd that is north of Chancellor Blvd but only where it indicates resident only parking. Arrangements have been made with UEL’s parking enforcement so that cars will not be ticketed in this area only. Please remember that all other parking laws apply. Do not block driveways and do not park in front of fire hydrants. You will get towed!
- Plan to leave home earlier than usual. There will be a long lineup of cars waiting to make that left turn into the school. It can take 15 minutes or more for you to reach the intersection to make that left turn.
For those who will be walking or biking to school, please remember the following:
- Cross Chancellor Blvd only at the traffic lights.
- Keep your child on the sidewalk when waiting to cross at the lights.
- Do not cross the road after the traffic lights over to the school fields. Keep walking along the sidewalk into the school.
- If you are arriving by bike, walk your bike when you reach the traffic lights and do not cross the road after the lights over to the school fields. Remember to wear a helmet – it is the law – and please do not forget to lock your bikes at the bike rail outside the school.
Co-chair, University Hill Elementary PAC
- Send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave the SUBJECT empty
- In the BODY of the email (just text, no signature, all lower case), type subscribe uhill-l (letter ‘l’)