PAC Meeting Minutes
April 16th, 2012
1. Meeting called to order – 9:10 am
2. Approval of the Minutes – moved: Connie seconded: Stephanie
3. Approval of the Agenda – moved: Connie seconded: Stephanie
4. Executive Reports:
PAC Chair’s Report – UHS next PAC meeting will focus on traffic issues, specifically the 16th Avenue crossing. They are hoping that UHE parents/PAC will go to the meeting and/or write a letter of support for an overhead walkway (overpass).
Fund Raising/Casino/Treasurer’s Report – $4000.00 to be spent by year end. Will be spent on a set of ipads (10) for the school.
5. School Reports:
Principal’s Report– see attached
6. School Plan
because of the job action, the plan will carry on from this year
focus continues to be on literacy development (writing emphasis)
looking at those vulnerable and how to best support and at assessment for learning and how it informs instruction
Pac endorsement. Moved: Hazita; seconded: Connie that the PAC endorse the rollover of the current School Plan (with minor tweaking) to the 2012/13 school year.
will review with SPC for final approval
7. School Fees Schedule
School Fees schedule was explained to PAC
endorsed. will be taken to SPC for final approval.
8. Sports Day
Donna will do pizza/juice lunch if requested.
staff to arrange for and organize student volunteers through the secondary school
PAC (Stephanie) organized food and food sales last year. Hazita will recruit a new person as Stephanie is unavailable this year. Stephanie will advise.
9. New School Update
Acadia Road letters– have gone out as per last school year. Give AR catchment parents the option of moving over to the new school.
info re: construction– VSB planning and facilities says that the new school is on track to open in September 2013.
10. Young Naturalists’ Club Update – Connie
club is up and running. was way over enrolled and had to be limited.
Has had its first meeting.
bat boxes are here. installation pending.
the club needs a computer to accommodate a live feed to bat/bird boxes. Hazita to work with Nancy re: donation of a computer.
11. Other Business
Volunteer Tea – Wednesday, April 25th @ 3:15
Staff Appreciation Luncheon – May 2nd – details to go home Tuesday, April 24th
AGM May 16th – Tim will run again – thanks. Others?
Budget proposals – explained and distributed. Budget consultation meetings scheduled for April 19th, 24th, and 25th.
Jump Rope volunteers needed. Hazita to send an email request to parents.
Meeting adjourned: 9:50 A.M.
PAC Update–April 16the, 2
1. Field Trips, performers, etc–
Special Olympics Assembly
Iranian New Year – Primaries
Intermediate math fair
2. Notice of Late Return– if you are going to return to UHill in the fall but not on Sept. 6th you must fill out a Notice of Late Return– see office. Spots cannot be held past Sept. 30
3. Grade 7 articulation
4. Lost and Found– lots of lost, very little found. Please check.
6. School Calendar– To be published in end of May newsletter; dates to be announced
7. VSB Budget for 2012/13 – proposals and process reviewed and discussed
8. Report Cards Term 3
9. Dance Program – no child will ever be excluded because of financial hardship
10. Upcoming events:
The Big One – District Wide drill May 3rd. We will not be releasing students to parents this year.
11. Student Teachers we have 3
12. Math Contests – grades 3-7
13. Code Red