Due to road closures at UBC before and during the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, a temporary schedule for the UTown buses will be in effect from Thursday February 4 to Friday March 19, 2010 inclusive.
Please note that:
- All schools will begin and dismiss at the same time as always.
- March Break will be from March 8 to 12 inclusive. Schools will be closed. Buses will not be available.
- All scheduled bus stop locations will remain the same.
- Both the morning pickup times and the afternoon drop-off times will change.
- A second bus will pick up Queen Mary students on Thunderbird Blvd and in South Campus in the mornings from Feb 4 to Mar 5 inclusive. Please look for the ‘Queen Mary’ sign.
The bus drivers will try their best to keep to the temporary schedules. However, as we cannot know, in advance, what the increase in traffic will have on the bus schedules, we ask all parents to be understanding for any delays your child may encounter.
To minimize delays, the drivers will not wait for your child even if he/she is running to the bus stop when they are ready to leave. Please have your child at the bus stop early.
The Vancouver School Board, UBC Properties Trust, the drivers, First Student Canada, all schools the Bus Program services, and myself, together with VANOC, have worked hard to minimize the inconvenice road closures at UBC will have on our children and their families.
We ask parents to understand that delays may be unavoidable and to plan your child’s after school activities accordingly. If your child has an after school activity that he/she cannot be late for, please consider picking up your child at the school.
To view the temporary schedules in effect from Thursday February 4 to Friday March 19, 2010, please click on the school your child attends:
For more information on UBC road closures, visit www.webcommunications.ubc.ca/ubc2010/commuting/road-closures.