First Riders Program for Rose Point:
First Riders Program will be tomorrow Thursday August 22 at 10:00 Birney Avenue South Campus. The driver, Dominic will have the bus there with some materials for the parents and coloring book for the students.
Dominic will drive the parents and kids around to show them the route.
Schedules Updated: July 31, 2013
UTown Bus Program for the 2013-2014 School Year
Bus Program for 2013/2014: Information and pre-registration forms are now available for students living on UBC campus and attending Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary, Rose Point, and Southlands. The UTown Bus Program will continue for the 2013/2014 school year. However, the program will terminate when the new elementary school on Rose Point Elementary opens on Acadia Rd in September 2014.
The University Town Bus Program is a program run by parents with support from community partners. The Bus Program provides school buses to drive children to and from University Hill Elementary, Queen Elizabeth, Rose Point Elementary, Queen Mary, and Southlands Elementary.
Two elementary schools serve students from the UEL, UBC, and UNA residential neighbourhoods. The Rose Point Elementary school on Acadia Rd, which will be completed in 2014, is currently located behind Queen Elizabeth Elementary. The other school, University Hill Elementary is currently full. As a result, many students either attend schools outside our 2 catchment areas or live 3 or more kilometers away from University Hill Elementary.
The Bus Program provides a valuable service to elementary school children and their families.
User fees collected provide a portion of the funding for the bus program. Funding is also provided by a number of community partners: UBC Properties Trust, Vancouver School Board, University Neighbourhoods Association, and UBC VP Students. UBCPT and VSB funds support service to the Acadia Rd and out-of-catchment schools, while UNA and VP Students contribute to the UHill bus. Contributions from our community partners enable the Bus Program to keep user fees affordable. The Bus Program would like to extend a thank you to our generous partners.
We will have 5 buses for the 2013-2014 school year.
In the mornings,
- Bus 1 will make one trip from University Town to Rose Point Elementary and Queen Elizabeth Elementary.
- Bus 2 will make a two trips from University Town to University Hill Elementary with stops in Wesbrook Place, Hawthorn Place, and Acadia Park Family Housing.
- Bus 3 will make one trip from University Town to Queen Mary Elementary.
- Bus 4 will make one trip from University Town to Southlands Elemenatry.
- Bus 5 will make one trip from University Town to Rose Point Elementary and a 2nd trip from University Town to University Hill Elementary.
In the afternoons,
- Bus 1 will make one trip from Rose Point Elementary to University Town and a 2nd trip from Rose Point and University Hill to University Town.
- Bus 2 will make one trip from University Hill Elementary to University Town.
- Bus 3 will make one trip from Queen Mary and University Hill Elementary to University Town.
- Bus 4 will make one trip from Southlands Elementary and Queen Elizabeth to University Town.
- Bus 5 will make one trip from Rose Point and University Hill to University Town.
Students who live in Hampton Place usually catch the bus at the stop outside UHill Secondary.
Students who live in East Campus usually catch the bus on Osoyoos.
If your child misses the bus and/or does not come home at the end of the school day, contact the school office. It is your responsibility to pick up your child if he/she misses the bus. If your child leaves something on the bus, contact First Student Canada directly at 604.255.3555 between 7am and 5pm and identify your school name.
For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.