PAC Meeting Minutes
Jan. 21, 2016, Rm 101, University Hill Elementary School
- Meeting called to order at 8:30am.
- Co-chairs: Ofira Roll and Amal El-Naggar
- Secretaries: Lingyun Zhang
- Treasurer: Oraz Hezretov
- Principal: Val Coopersmith
- YNC Committee: Nancy Brown
- Volunteer Coordinator: Saeed Nazari
- Teacher and Staff: Donna and Kate
- Class Parents
3. Motion to adopt Minutes of Dec. 10th, 2015 meeting. Moved by Amal and seconded by Ofira.
4. Principal’s Report (Val)
- Donna, the hot lunch program coordinator was at the PAC meeting and restated that the hot lunch program is a school district run non-profit program and is a full paid program. If your child is in the hot lunch program, full payment for the entire month is required.
- On Sports Day May 19th, 2016. Dismissal will be at 2:00pm.
- The salmon chiller is in place and ready to run. The salmon eggs are coming soon and the program is well under way.
The annual maintenance fee for the salmon chiller is $50 and it was moved by Priya and seconded by Nancy that PAC is covering the cost.
- FSA testing is underway and the report will be copied to grade 4 parents. This year could be the last year that FSA is administered.
- Shane Point from VSB is coming to Uhill three times a year to work with small groups on story telling etc.
- Traffic concerns is brought up by a parent at Uhill and the school is revisiting MLP David Eby’s letter. It was noticed that some cars are speeding and not checking while making the turn from Hamber Road to Chancellor Blvd.
- It has been noticed that a significant number of students are coming late to school in the mornings. The school library is normally open at 8:30am and students are advised to arrive early.
- Kate updated on the Earth Day BBQ. The planning committee is going to have their first meeting at 3pm on Feb. 3rd in the garden room Rm112.
5. The survey on the budget had little response. The class parents are going to spread the words to the parents and hopefully there would be more participation.
6. Financial report from Oraz. It has been noticed that the direct appeal fund is still in the school account and has not been transferred to the PAC account. It was moved by Nancy and seconded by Amal that the fund to be transferred as soon as possible so that the budget can be proposed and executed.
7. Special speaker series update. Two speakers have been confirmed for Feb. 15th Anxiety workshop at 5:30-6:30.
8. Next PAC meeting will be on Mar. 3rd.