- Meeting called to order at 8:30am
- Attendance: Current PAC members:
- Co-chairs: Ofira Roll and Amal El-Naggar.
- Secretaries: Lingyun Zhang.
- Treasurer: Oraz Hezretov.
- Principal: Valerie, Coopersmith.
- Teachers: Kate, Jordan, Keri.
- Communications coordinator: Robert Peregoodoff and Barish Golland.
- Special speaker series coordinator: Angela Low and Kshamta Hunter.
- Volunteer coordinator: Saeed Narari.
- Gardening, YNC Committee: Nancy Brown and HsingChi von Bergmann
- Traffic safety committee: Jens von Bergmann
- Fundraising coordinator: Adriana Briseno and Lingyun Zhang
- Playground improvement committee: Joe Dahmen and Kevin Giroux
- Fruit and veggie program coordinator: Anna Dong
- Chinese translator: Sylvia
- School planning council (Rob, Angela, Kshamta)
- Motion to adopt Minutes of Nov 19th meeting.
- Principal’s Report (Val)
- Items for Discussion:
- Congratulation on receiving the chiller grant Melody!!!
- Congratulation on successful Grocery Card programs (updates, Ling).
- Direct appeal:
- Updates, Ling and Oraz.
- Stream of Dreams (updates Nancy).
- -All details could also be found on our blog.
– Considering re-voting to carry the whole cost of stream of dreams as Melody got a grant for the salmon chillers, so we save $1000 that can be directed to this program as well.
- U-Hill Elementary PAC 2015/2016 Budget Priorities survey: https://survey.ubc.ca/s/uhillPACbudget/
- Class Parents invite classes to participate & Blog.
- Priorities will be published on our blog.
- Parents’ inputs will be considered prior to any decision.
- Considering PAC organizing/supporting of Winter Clothing Drive for Syrian refugees arriving to BC with school teaches.
- Class parent: expectations and responsibilities (sign up to PAC class email; class emails from teacher, PAC, school; check for updates on the blog).
- Special speaker series (updates: Angela and Kshamta).
6. Business Arising
Items to be considered in 2015-2016 budgets:
-School-wide teacher approved activities – will be considered in January following the survey results.
- Upcoming Events:
– Family Fun Fair – Dec 10th, 5-7pm, organized by SOS club
– Winter Concert- Dec 17th 2015
Event Dates for the 2015-16 school year (Call for Parent Volunteers)
- Terry Fox – September 18th, 2015 – date confirmed (Successfully done!)
- Meet the teacher BBQ – September 23rd , 2015 – date confirmed (Successfully done!)
- Direct Appeal- Oct, 2015 (ongoing)
- Grocery card sales initiative – Nov, 2015 (almost done)
- Stream of Dreams – April 19th, 20th, 21st and install on April 22nd.
- Earth Day BBQ – April 21st 2016
- Volunteer Tea – previously April 29th (new date needed for 2016)
- Sport Day – May 19th 2016
- Jump Rope for Heart – May 27th 2016
- Staff Appreciation Lunch – June 3rd 2016
- Water Day – June 23rd 2016
Next PAC Meeting: TBD